Sunday, September 9, 2007

Zoooooooooooooooomify

OK, This is something I have been waiting quite a while to do. Mainly because the atmospheric conditions need to be just right. Last week, it rained quite a bit on Tuesday. Consequently, Wednesday, was incredibly clear. After work, I went to the top of the parking garage, setup the camera, and started taking pictures. When I was done, I had taken 90 shots of Naples and Vesuvius. I plugged them all into the computer, and Voila!

Vesuvio-135mm-Clear-132Mp

Now, at this resolution, its not that impressive. It looks like any old panorama. But to see the real beauty of it all, you have to visit this link. Its a zoomify view of the original 155 Mega-pixel image. You can zoom all the way in to the top of Vesuvius to see the colors of the rocks sliding down the outside of the crater. Those 90 shots were all taken at highest zoom I had available, 135mm. The zoomify interface lets you zoom all the way in to the full resolution of the 90 shots.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You continue to make me smile!